As nights get nippy, take comfort in a hearty carrot soup, perfect for warming up your midweek, without breaking a sweat!
The ingredient of Carrot and watercress soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 750g carrots, peeled, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 litre (4 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1 bunch (about 200g) watercress, leaves picked, washed, dried
- Wholegrain bread rolls, to serve
The instruction how to make Carrot and watercress soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the carrots and garlic and cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes or until the garlic is light golden. Add the stock and 2 cups (500ml) water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 20-25 minutes or until the carrots are very tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the watercress. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool slightly.
- In batches, process in a food processor until almost smooth. Ladel into bowls and serve with the bread rolls.
Nutritions of Carrot and watercress soupcalories: 387.18 calories
fatContent: 9.5 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 1 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 61 grams carbohydrates